Tuesday 14 October 2014

Astra Militarum: Sentinels



These models were really satisfying to build, and didn't take too long.  As with a lot of my Imperium forces, I adopted a dark red (Khorne Red from the Citadel Paints range) as a means of tying the forces together, and used blue as a spot colour - both for the Plasma weapons, and for the searchlight here.


The main base colour for these sentinels wasn't silver or gun grey, but rather a dark, matte grey, with some silver highlighting applied around the edges.  This is supposed to be a vehicle that has been involved in some serious action, after all!  So it shouldn't be too shiny...


Some stark white iconography helps to tie the vehicles in with some of my other armies: my Blood Angels and my Grey Knights Inquisition armies, as well as the Astra Militarum themselves.


Here's a Scout Sentinel which has a lot more of the interior exposed, and a lot less armour.  Annoyingly, I spent aaaaages painting some of the lights and control panels on the interior, only for them then to be stuck down by the driver's feet - firmly out of view!


The red and white livery continues where the previous Sentinel left off, tying the unit together.


There's some of the control instruments that you can see from an aerial view.


And here's the driver!  I tried to give him some stubble, but I don't know whether that's visible from the photographs.


He might offer a better profile from this side!

No comments:

Post a Comment