Tuesday 12 August 2014

Hello And Welcome!

Some Imperial Guard Catachan Jungle Fighters from Warhammer 40,000
Hello you crazy fools who have opted to wander onto my blog!  My name is Ben - in case you didn't already know - and this will be a chronicle of my hobbying adventures.  I like to paint, you see.  Specifically, I enjoy painting Games Workshop miniatures - primarily Warhammer 40,000, but also from Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Blood Bowl.

I know that this may sound utterly nerdy - and it no doubt is - but when I paint, it always gives me time to think, chill out and relax.  You can forget about the day's bad news and absorb yourself in blending paints, applying washes and trying to avoid getting your fingers stuck together with superglue.

In case you are wondering about the strange, crypto-Latin title, it is a reference to Warhammer 40,000, and the beginnings of the Cult Of The Emperor - mankind's saviour in the grim dark future of the 41st millennium. It's nothing religious-based, in case you were getting worried about me!

I'm going to start back a-ways, and showcase some of the models that I painted a long time ago, and then gradually work my way towards the present day.  Seeing as how I don't paint every single day, that should help to fill out the pages somewhat.

So, sit back, relax, and observe how I am an enormous nerd. And proud!!!! (Kinda...)

No comments:

Post a Comment