Monday 12 January 2015

Chaos Space Marines: Hellbrute III


So, for a change of pace (and to indulge in a little housekeeping), I decided to go back to this Tzeentchian Hellbrute which has lain dormant for far too long.


Given that I already have two Nurgley Hellbrutes with the original Dark Vengeance Power Fist/Multi-Melta axis of weapons, I decided to do a bit of slicing and dicing with this one; cutting out the Multi-Melta and replacing it with Lascannon bits that I plundered from some old Devastator kits.  They're not *entirely* straight, but this *is* Chaos Marines that we're talking about...


My first day of reclamation work saw me painting the Hellbrute in the style of a 1980s shellsuit, with nice greens and purples. YUM!


Day Two, however, saw the little blighter taking shape a little more, and looking a bit more civilised.  I applied the gold trim to his armour, and I also started adding a few more colours to the tentacles and tubes.


The reds and oranges that I applied are designed to tie the Hellbrute in with the other elements of my Tzeentch warband - The Watchers of Ophios, whose flame effects use some of these colours.


There's still a long way to go, but at least we're starting to get somewhere now...


(This is the scheme he needs to match to. Fingers crossed!)


No comments:

Post a Comment