Monday 9 February 2015

Chaos Space Marines: Heldrake


Back to my primary project now, and The Watchers Of Ophios - my Tzeentchian Chaos Space Marine warband. I have been working on this Heldrake for quite some time now - in the background whilst I have been doing other things such as the Hellbrute and other infantry for the same group.


I used the same colour scheme - Kabalite Green, drybrushed with Hawk Turquoise, then with a Guilliman Glaze over the top, with Bright Brass (Vallejo) trim - as I have with the rest of my warband, and they tie together well, I think. I've used Screamer Pink as a spot colour for a bit of cohesion.


The Heldrake is one of the least-rewarding models to paint, because everything has to be done in sub-assemblies in order to do it justice. As a result, I was only able to see the fruits of my labours right at the very end. With other models, you can use them whilst you work on them... Not so with the Heldrake, unfortunately.


Here he is, sat alongside examples of the pther forces in my warband, to give an idea of how they all tie together, visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment