Wednesday 12 August 2015

Blood Angels: Heavy Flamer Sternguard


The next little fella on my Blood Angel conveyor belt is this Heavy Flamer-wielding guy - another member of Veteran Squad Pyrrhus (so-called because I always seem to do damage but never actually win).


This is my first attempt at painting white in quite some time, and I was relatively pleased with how it came out. I ended up using a Vallejo light grey and just doing some white highlights. I also used a Biel-Tan Green wash for the lenses, which is another first.


I thought some hazard stripes and green cabling may add a bit of contrast to an otherwise red-heavy model.


And here he is from an elevated position. I tried to include as many of the details as possible on this model, so I made sure I used a bit of gloss varnish on things like the vials.


Meanwhile, I added a couple of final details to my Veteran Sergeant, such as some inkwork using a Micron pen on his scrolls and purity seals...


...as well as a memento of his Chapter's home system - Milou - devised as part of an ongoing narrative background with my gaming buddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment