Sunday 9 August 2015

Blood Angels: Sternguard Veteran Sergeant


So, from the slapdash methods of painting Plague Marines, to the rather more detailed and precise painting of Blood Angels. My first task is to get this flamer-based Sternguard squad painted up, starting with their Veteran Sergeant.


I used a lot of the guidance notes from the Blood Angels Painting Guide to help with this chap, and I was met with a mixture of successes and... not failures, as such... but things, perhaps, that didn't quite offer the end product I was looking for.


Most notably the gold. Previously, I had just slapped on Vallejo Bright Brass (a lovely colour), but I thought I would try out the Balthasar Gold / Gehenna's Gold / Silver highlight combo. It came out a bit too orangey for my liking, but I shall persevere.


As with all Power Fist-wielding models, this chap comes across a bit 2nd Edition-y, but I can live with that. There is enough detail in the model to hold my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment