Wednesday 24 September 2014

Chaos Daemons: Beasts Of Nurgle


These are some of my favourite-ever homemade monsters - my Beast Of Nurgle proxies!  Suffice to say they cost a lot less than the £15 per model (is that around $25?) that GW ask for their regular finecast ones.


Basically, these guys are just made of a small sausage of clay (about thumb-sized) with some of the spare heads from the Plague Drones kit on top, and I put some clipped-off Chaos Space Marine horns into its body as tentacles.


I covered the clay with some Stirland Mud (the textured paint that GW sells) - this adds a bit of texture, but also covers over the roughness of the clay - and then painted it in a variety of shades of green and brown.


They're not as physically imposing as the GW ones, but I guess I saved myself £45 ($70)!

No comments:

Post a Comment