Monday 1 September 2014

Vampire Counts: Zombies


I flipping love the Vampire Counts Zombie kit - there are so many fun bits to it.  It might be a bit dated these days, and a bit cartoony compared to a lot of the range, but they're great to put together.


As with my Skeleton Warriors and Grave Guard, these chaps were largely done with rough drybrushing and the use of a red spot colour, and then a liberal dousing in Agrax Earthshade.


I normally have trouble keeping my attention focused upon one thing long enough to complete a full unit, but these chaps were so quick and easy to paint that I was able to steam through them pretty rapidly.


Here are some individual models, to give you an idea of how they look outside of a horde context.  There's nothing complicated about them.


Using 'Ardcoat gloss varnish for the gore and viscera helps to give them a slightly more gnarly feel, and makes them a little less spoony/goofy (delete as appropriate).


Limbs for weapons? Like I said: loads of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment