Thursday 18 June 2015

Chaos Daemons: Great Unclean One


For a long time, I have been lacking a real centrepiece for my Chaos Daemons army. I had focused on Heralds for my HQ choices, to buff my infantry units, but they lacked a bit of visual pizazz.


Sure, I've got a Soul Grinder, but the focal point of any army should really be the unit that the other units revolve around, rather than one of the useful-but-not-extraordinary Heavy Support units.


The Great Unclean One from Forge World is an excellent (and very very weighty) model, and is super-easy to paint. The vast majority of this guy was painted using washes.


This was my first attempt at using Blood For The Blood God - one of the Citadel Technical Paints - and I have to say I was pretty impressed. In the pot, it just looks like red paint, but once it is on the model you can see its translucent nature more clearly (geddit?)


The welts, sores and wounds on this chap are what help to give him an awful lot of character and depth. Every inch of his body is devoted to the grotesque.


There are even maggots infesting some of the open sores! Gruesome! This model was great fun to paint, and just like with my Rogue Psyker in the previous post, the hard work was done for me by the sculptor. This was basically just a 'colouring in' job. And with Nurgle, it doesn't matter if you colour over the lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment