Friday 19 June 2015

Chaos Space Marines: Chaos Terminator Lord


The Chaos Terminator Lord kit was one that I had eschewed for quite some time. Firstly: I tended to use Sorcerors for my HQ choices. Secondly: I reeeeeeally don't like the detailing on the Chaos Terminator Armour. I find it to be too blocky and not detailed enough.


However, I wanted a straightforward, orthodox and (relatively) cheap HQ choice for my Sons Of Entropy, so I took the plunge... and I found it wasn't so bad after all!


Yes, the goofy armour decoration is there, and I'm not entirely sure what is going on with the enormous stone plinth that he is stood atop, but the model as a whole has a certain welcome feel to it. And the stone DOES help to elevate it above the rest of the Terminators.


I liked painting the cloak, and used plenty of Athonian Camoshade, to try and make it seem laden with mildew and mould.


The Lightning Claws were my favourite part, though - going from Incubi Darkness, all the way up to Ogryn Camo at the tips. There are some nice details to the model, if you look hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment