Tuesday 14 October 2014

Blood Angels: Tactical Marines


These Blood Angels were originally painted a long time ago (back in 2009, maybe?), and were some of the models that came with the Warhammer 40,000 5th Edition Boxset, Assault On Black Reach.


The original paintjob on them was fairly crude, and the colours were quite bright, and without any inking or washes, so I revisited them and gave them a bit of an overhaul.  The red became more muted (more of a crimson than a scarlet), and I adopted a bit of a De Stijl approach (red/black/white), rather than the primaries I used previously.


I think the starkness of the white works quite well against the darker colours, and helps to draw the eye a bit more.

Blood Angels Tactical 
These chaps only represent a portion of a full Tactical Squad (normally 10 Space Marines), but are fairly representative of what they all look like.

Blood Angels Tactical Marine with Meltagun
I was so sick and tired of painting Red Things by the end of this squad. Keeping patience with my painting is my biggest problem, I have found: I'm a bit of a hobby butterfly, and I like to flit from one project to another.  Everything seems so new, shiny and exciting! Which, unfortunately, means that a lot of things end up being half-done for quite a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment