Tuesday 21 October 2014

Eldar: Windrider Jetbikes


Ah, Jetbikes.  How I dislike your plain and dowdy sculpts.  But how effective thou art on the battlefield. Eldar Jetbikes are now widely viewed as one of the best Troops choices within Warhammer 40K, due to their mobility and their rending weapons.


I used the same colour scheme for the Jetbikes as for the Guardians (and the Rangers, too, I suppose!), going for a muted, almost Dark Eldar-esque dark green, with bone-coloured accoutrements (and Jetbike!)


Initially, I washed the carapaces of the Jetbikes in my Ultimate Essential Agrax Earthshade, but for once it didn't do the models any justice.  Rather than picking out details and adding depth to the model, across the flat surfaces it just gave an appearance of grubbiness and grime - not very Eldar-like!  And so, I opted for a clean, crisp finish instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment