Monday 20 October 2014

Chaos Space Marines: Dark Apostle


This Dark Apostle is basically the Chaos Space Marine equivalent of a Chaplain: the man whose responsibility it is to rile up the troops and get them motivated for WAR!


I really like this model, but it is a perfect example of both the best and worst of Finecast.  On the one hand, some of the details are superb, and the light nature of the medium allow sculptors to include features such as the flowing scrolls; on the other, some of the details and edges get a bit too sharp, and some of the finer points of the model are really brittle. I had to use superglue for repairs on more than one occasion.


Nevertheless, I feel that the finished product is a pleasing one - I just have to be super-careful with storing him, now!


Here are some work-in-progress shots of him, to show how the model came in a number of different pieces.


The scrolls were my favourite part - I spent quite a bit of time doing the detailing using thinned down paints and inks.  Hopefully, I don't break it anytime soon!  He is probably my most fragile model in my whole collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment